Early Head Start Co-Teachers - Reno, NV
Full Job Description
Are you looking for a career, not just a job? Do you love to nurture infants and toddlers? Are you seeking a position that offers excellent benefits, a nice work/life balance and the opportunity to advance and grow? If so, look no further than CSA! We are currently seeking PART-TIME AND FULL-TIME staff for our Carson City and Reno locations.
Experience teaching and coursework in early childhood education is a PLUS!!!
EARLY HEAD START AT CSA IS EXPANDING AND WE NEED GOOD TEACHERS TO GUIDE THE YOUNGSTERS OF THIS WONDERFUL PROGRAM!!
Designs and implements a comprehensive program to meet the educational, emotional, social, health, and psychological needs of Early Head Start infants and toddlers in accordance with the Federal Head Start Performance Standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes and maintains a safe, healthy learning environment, including full supervision of infants and toddlers in the classroom at all times
- Implements lesson plans utilizing individualized techniques that follow Creative Curriculum guidelines.
- Guides and facilitates infant and toddler activities in the classroom that are developmentally, linguistically, culturally and age-appropriate to include circle time, meal time, outdoor time, small group, large group, rest period, and hygiene/toileting activities.
- Assists in implementing children’s I.E.P.s (Individualized Education Plan) and promotes a quality inclusive environment for the children.
- Effectively mentors and works with the Teacher Assistant and Program Support Specialist to use and develop their skills and abilities in carrying out classroom activities.
- Works cooperatively with the Child and Family Specialist and Enrollment staff to provide support services to the family and to promote the child’s attendance and participation in the Program.
- Documents infants and toddlers progress through ongoing observations and direct assessment activities to include performing formal assessments on children three times per year and conducting developmental screenings within 45 days of entry into the program.
- Attends staff trainings and meetings, and board and parent meetings as requested.
- Fosters effective and collaborative relationships with coworkers, parents, volunteers and children in the classroom.
- Conducts two parent-teacher conferences and two home visits annually to discuss the child’s individual development and progress, assist the parents in developing observational skills and solicit parent observations.
- Updates and maintains organized and accurate records of children’s files, including individualized learning plans, developmental assessments, attendance records, classroom lesson plans, and monthly classroom activities.
- Ensures that classroom equipment, furniture, materials and supplies are properly maintained and stored in a safe manner.
- Performs other tasks and duties as required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Knowledge of childhood development services
- Minimum Child Development Associate required or willingness to obtain within five weeks of hire (company paid)
- Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Capacity and empathy to work with a diverse population, low income families and children, including those with disabilities
- Ability to travel to Program and home sites
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and data entry applications
Community Services Agency Offers the Following Excellent Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability
- Pension Plan/401k with Profit Sharing
- Generous Vacation & Sick Leave
- 12 Holidays
- Education Benefits
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to HR@csareno.org. Contact Human Resources at (775) 786-6023 if you have any questions. All of CSA's job openings can be found on indeed's website.
Community Services Agency is an AA, EEO Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.