Teaching Positions open for our Head Start Program
Full Job Description
"CSA empowers individuals to become self-sufficient through advocacy, results based programs and community partnerships in Northern Nevada." Does our mission statement resonate with you? Do you like to teach and encourage children and families to be the best that they can be? If so, you should be working in our Head Start program. We are looking for a few passionate Teachers to join our team.
Our Teachers Design and implement comprehensive programs to meet the educational, emotional, social, health, nutritional, and psychological needs of children within the Head Start Program in accordance with the Head Start Performance Standards. They establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment, fully supervising the children at all times, in accordance with Head Start Program Performance Standards and child care licensing requirements. Teachers guide and facilitate preschool activities in the classroom that are developmentally, linguistically, culturally and age-appropriate to include circle time, meal time, outdoor time, small group, large group, rest period, and hygiene/toileting activities.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Early Childhood Education or a related degree that includes seven Early Childhood Education classes and one year of related experience in a pre-school and/or kindergarten teaching environment. Knowledge of how Non-Profits, Public Sectors, or Community Action programs operate is a big plus.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
* Knowledge of childhood development services
* Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills
* Capacity and empathy to work with a diverse population, low income families and children, including those with disabilities
* Ability to travel to Program and home sites
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office and data entry applications
* Conduct and plan on a daily basis individual and group activities to aid in the transition to kindergarten for the children and families by stimulating growth in language, cognitive, social, and motor skills
* Assist Site Supervisor and Education & Family Services Manager in implementing, planning, and ensuring compliance with Head Start Performance Standards for the Program area
* Assist Family Resources staff to ensure that parents obtain medical and dental information on the child
* Conduct orientation of parents to Head Start Program goals, philosophy, and parent activities; advocate the interests of Head Start children and families concerning the Program; conduct at least two annual home visits for each child, or as needed
* Ensures that all Federal, State, and County child licensing regulations are adhered to regarding classroom, playground, staff, and policies
* Participate in other Program activities and tasks when requested to do so by the Head Start managers, as well as lend assistance to other Program staff and parents in solving program problems, as needed
* Conduct Head Start affiliated parents in conducting parent committee meetings
* Perform other tasks and duties as required
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATES:
Sheriff's Card, TB Test Results, CPR & First Aid, Infectious Disease, and Valid Nevada Driver's License.
BENEFITS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Background checks will be conducted on selected applicants.
Community Services Agency Offers the Following Excellent Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance
- Pension Plan/401(k) with Generous Employer Contribution and Match
- 6 Weeks of Vacation (available for use following 30 days and subject to accrual)
- 13 Holidays
- 12 Sick Days (available to use as accrued)
- 3 Personal Days
- Education Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
Job Type: Full-time
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to HR@csareno.org. Contact Human Resources at (775) 786-6023 if you have any questions. All of CSA's job openings can be found on indeed's website.
Please Note: The Office of Head Start requires all Head Start staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodation requests may be considered and must be approved by the CEO and weekly testing is required for those with approved requests.
Community Services Agency is an AA, EEO Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.